Week 1 Posting - Introduction

 Hello everyone. My name is Georgia, and this is my last year of university. I am pursuing a bachelor's degree of Science in IT and would like to acquire a master's degree, but I am still deciding which field to study. I fell in love with IT, or technology in general, ever since I could understand what a massive machine with different buttons, screen, keyboard, components, and mouse could do. Being a 90s baby, I remember growing up with no phones; how TVs changed, computers, laptops, and wow, it is fascinating to see how much technology has progressed in the last couple of years. My first computer was a Dell desktop. I am trying to remember the exact model, but it is the 2009 version. I got it as a birthday gift. I remember we only had cable internet connected to one computer in the house, while the other computer (mine and my sister's) did not have internet. Wi-Fi was not what it is today, of course, so it was expensive and complicated to put internet for all computers, but I did not care because I mostly used it for video games. At that time, I was pre-teen, and even then, teenagers or adults would only log in for a few hours to some web online, hear music on YouTube, or read a blog, so there was not much to do. However, I only had a little time to explore my desktop and use Paint for fun, see shortcuts I could do with a keyboard, learn how to create a folder, or learn how to create a file. How to save pictures from the internet into a flash drive: I used a floppy disk and CD to save things from the internet or the computer for a little bit before I started using USB flash drives. From here, my fascination and love for technology grew more and more each time I learned something new. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Posting - CPU and RAM

Week 2 Posting - Windows

Week 6 Posting - File Systems